Top Reasons for jQuery’s ground gaining:
- Small in size: only 15K for latest production release after its minified and gzipped.
- Extendable: pretty big plugin library. Currently showing hundreds of plugins.
- CSS3 Compliant and one of the first JS Library to use CSS selectors.
- Handles AJAX very well while avoiding code bloating.
- Major adoption by ASP.NET developers and teaming up with ASP.NET’s team for improved integration
- jQuery Official Site
- jQuery Plugins
- Chat with John Resig, Creator of jQuery
- jQuery Intellisense in Visual Studio 2008
- jQuery 1.2 Cheat Sheet
If you know of any additional interesting jQuery Resources, drop me a line. Thanks!